Monday, April 15, 2013

"Do What I Want"

Once someone told me, "You should keep writing. I like it when you write." Well, I'm not sure what to write. But I guess there doesn't always have to be a point to writing, does there? And, the great thing about a blog means that it doesn't have to be grammatically correct, or pleasing, or interesting.
Because, it's me.

Several years ago, I started carrying around a little notebook with me everywhere. It's my "Do What I Want" notebook. If I need paper to leave a note, or assign the mafia their game - there it is. If I have a thought, question, book I want to read, movie I would like to see, or epiphany come to mind - there I write it. If I want to share something but no one is around - I share it there. If I read, or hear, something that I think to be profound - there it is scribbled. If I am thankful for something small, like a smile, or a green light, or a person, or a breeze, or a surprise of some sort - there I jot it. If something makes me laugh - there I record it.


When I came home from my mission - I found about 4 of these. And they are my most favourite thing. Probably more than my journals. Because they remind me of little things that I can't record in my journals at a moment's notice. And it helps me realize that life has it's beauties everyday, if we choose to see them.

Some would revert to the "Smart Phones" to do such things now a days. But let me ask you - will you still have your Smart Phone to read back on these things, and laugh, and remember good friend moments in 5 years from now? Or 15 years from now?
I wouldn't.
But I will have my book.

Thank you little "Do What I Want" notebooks. For reminding me of things that are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment