Sunday, November 7, 2010

Testimony

Today was Fast Sunday. Which meant Testimony Meeting - this meeting terrifies me every month. I'm always afraid to stumble over my words, say something embarrassing over the fact of being nervous. I don't do good with crowds. But I did get up in Relief Society. And I wrote a letter to a dear friend with my testimony. And now, I'm going to share it with you. It's simple, but it's real.

I know this Church is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I think all other churches across the whole world have some truth, but this one has ALL of it! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet along with those that followed him, and that our modern prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, is foreordained and called to guide us in these latter days in preparation for Christ's second coming to the earth. I love our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father, and I know that they love all of us and are aware of what we are going through each day, and they send the Holy Ghost to help comfort and guide us when we are worthy for it. I know this because I feel Their love each day, and I feel the warmth of the Holy Ghost constantly surrounding me. I know the Book of Mormon to be true. The principles it teaches, the testimonies it bears, and the counsel it gives are pure and candor. I know that Jesus came down to earth to Atone for our sins, that we may return to our Father in Heaven and live with Him again. I am so grateful for this above everything else, for everything I learn centers around this great event. This event of my big brother coming down to suffer all the negative aspects that I deal with in life so that He can help me. So that He can help me be clean, and be a better person, and go back to live with Him and God our Father.

This is my Testimony.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment