Thursday, March 3, 2011

thursdays, are good days

I've always liked thursdays.
It's the last day of class for the week.
It's the last day of work for the week.
It's the day that my weekend starts.
It means friday is coming soon.
It means I have more time to do homework.
It means I can spend a night playing with my family,
and go to bed early.
And on March 3, 2011 - it's the day I got my Mission call.

Me and Ry-face
Dear Sister Springer:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission...

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 29, 2011. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

I'll be in the yellow one, and the west half of the small green one.

President Lopez and Sister Lopez

I never would have guessed El Salvador and Belize. They say it's the last place you would expect - they were right! I thought I had thought of everywhere - I was wrong!

I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the people in El Salvador and Belize. Heavenly Father loves them so much, as he does all of us. I can't wait to go teach them! I can't wait to learn their culture, and to learn about their lives and their language. They live in such historical sites, and a beautiful part of the world.
I love them already.

I don't know a lot, but I know this church is true with every fiber of my soul. Jesus died for us, that we might live and have joy. I hope I can bring such joy to those in El Salvador and Belize.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I am SO excited for you, Dani! This is fantastic news. You see, I did a report on Belize when I was in the eighth grade. So I guess you could say I know everything there is to know about it. Psych.

    Really though. Congratulations! You will be AMAZING out there.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're beautiful danni girl, and i'm so excited for you.
    you'll love it.

    and you'll love all.
    and you'll serve with all your might.
    and you'll be loved.

    lots of lots of love.

    ReplyDelete