Thursday, March 27, 2014

"penny for your thoughts" ...

it's a quaint, nostalgic, cliche of a phrase. But for some reason or another I've always loved it. Though I hardly ever use it. I have no penny to give you, nevertheless you can give me your thoughts if you like. I, more often then not, enjoy them. And you don't have to give me a penny, I'll give you my thoughts for free: 

“You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success. You don’t have to explain what you plan to do with your life. You don’t have to justify your education by demonstrating its financial rewards. [...] You have to pay your electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to give it all you got. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth. 
But that’s all."
-Cheryl Strayed, Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar

... sometimes I forget those things. So, thank-you Val. You always have good words for me.

1 comment:

  1. Danni, how I love you and your beautiful soul. I'm excited to see the adventures you will find--not the success you will accumulate (though that I'm sure will come along incidentally), but rather the beauty and truth you acquire as you figure what this life means to you. Thank you for being Danni.

    ReplyDelete